Competent authority according to the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO): Vienna Data Protection Authority.
You have the following rights:
- A confirmation of whether and to what extent your personal data is used and processed, as well as request access to the personal data and additional information stored about you.
- Request a copy of the personal information you released in a structured, common and machine-readable format
- Request a correction of the personal information we have stored about you
- Request the deletion of your personal data
- The processing of your personal data which contradict
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data by us
- Submit a complaint to a regulatory agency
Keep in mind, however, that these rights are not unconstrained, but subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you would like to avail yourself of any of the rights listed here or would like further information, please contact our data protection officer at: email@example.com.
We store your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. The retention periods depend on the type of data collected and the purpose for which this data was collected, taking into account both the case-specific circumstances and the need to delete outdated, unused information as soon as possible. We store data records with personal data of customers, documents about the account setup, messages and other data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We can correct, complete or remove incomplete or incorrect data, at any time at our sole discretion.
Legal Basis for Data Collection
The processing of your personal data (ie any data that allows us to identify you by reasonable means; “personal data”) Is required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with our services, protect our legitimate interests, and comply with the legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
Which data is collected?
We collect two types of data and information from users.
The first category includes non-identifying and unidentifiable user data provided or collected through use of the website (“Non-personal data”). We do not know the identity of the user from whom non-personal information was collected. Non-personal information that may be collected includes aggregate usage data and technical data transmitted by your device, including certain information regarding software and hardware (eg, browser used on the device and operating system used, language setting, access time, etc .). We use this data to improve the functionality of our website. We may also collect data about your activity on the website (eg, viewed pages, surfing behavior, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second category comprises personal data that identifies an individual or can identify an individual through appropriate action.
Such data include:
- Device Data: We collect personal information from your device. Such data includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (such as MAC address and UUID), as well as other data resulting from your activity on the website.
- Customer data: When entering into a mandate relationship, we collect various personal data, especially your name, date of birth, address, e-mail, telephone number and also copy your ID.
How do we obtain data from you?
We obtain your personal information from various sources:
- You provide us with such information voluntarily, for example when registering on our website.
- We receive such information when you use our website or access it in connection with any of our services.
- We receive such data from other providers, services, and public registers (for example, data traffic analysis providers).
How is the data used? Who is the data shared with?
We use data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you (sending notices regarding our services, providing technical information and, if necessary, processing customer service inquiries)
- For information about new updates and services
- To place advertisements when using our website (further information under “Advertising”)
- To market our websites and products (further information under “Marketing”)
- For statistical and analysis purposes that serve to improve the website
In addition to the various uses listed above, we can also share personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our website
- Providing our services, including the personalized display of our website
- Storage and processing of such data on our behalf
- Placing ads as well as the ability to assess the success of our advertising campaigns, user retargeting
- Providing marketing offers and advertising materials in connection with our website and our services
- Carrying out studies, technical diagnoses or analyses
We may also disclose data, if we are in good faith, which is helpful or appropriate to: (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal proceedings or government requests; (ii) enforce our policies (including our agreement) and investigate possible violations, if any; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action against illegal activity or other misconduct, suspected fraud or security problems; (iv) assert or enforce our own legal claims or defend ourselves against the claims of others; (v) protect the rights, property or our security, the security of our users, your security or the security of third parties; or to (vi) cooperate with law enforcement agencies and / or protect intellectual property or other legal claims.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- “Session cookies” that ensure normal system usage. Session cookies are stored for a limited time during a session and are deleted from your device when you close your browser.
- “Persistent cookies “, Which are read only by the web page and are not deleted when closing the browser window, but are stored on your computer for a certain period of time. This type of cookie allows us to identify you on your next visit and, for example, save your settings.
- “Third-party Cookies” that are set by other online services that have their own content on the page you are visiting. This can be for example: external web analytics companies that collect and analyze access to our website.
Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information that identifies you, but we may link the personal information stored to the information contained in the cookies. You can remove cookies through the device settings of your device. Follow the appropriate instructions. Please note that disabling cookies may restrict certain functions when using our website.
The tool we use is based on the technology of Snowplow Analytics. The information we collect about the use of our website includes, i.e., how often users visit the site or which areas are accessed. The tool we use does not collect personally identifiable information and is used by our web hosting provider and service provider solely to improve our offers.
Using script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
To make our content appear correctly and graphically appealing in every browser, we use script and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts). Google Web fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache, so they only need to be loaded once. If your browser does not support or deny access to Google Web Fonts, the content will be displayed in a standard font.
- When looking up script or font libraries, we automatically connect to the owner of the library. There is theoretically the possibility for that operator to collect data. At present it is not known whether and for what purpose the operators of the respective libraries actually collect data.
- Here are the privacy policies of the Google Library operator: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy,
Data collection through third parties
How do we protect your data?
Transmission of data outside the European Economic Area
Note that some recipients may not be based in the European Economic Area. If this is the case, we will only transfer your data to countries with an appropriate level of data protection approved by the European Commission, or we will ensure an appropriate level of data protection through a legal agreement.
When you access our website, we may display ads using third-party ad technology. This technology uses your service usage data for the ad serving (for example, by placing third-party cookies in your web browser).
You can opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including networks operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). Information about the practices of NAI and DAA members, about your options regarding the use of such data by these companies, and how to unsubscribe from third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members can be found on the respective website: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ und http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc., or forward it to an external subcontractor to provide you with promotional materials related to our services that you may be interested in.
We respect your right to privacy. Therefore, you always have the option in these marketing materials to unsubscribe from further mailings. When you unsubscribe, your email address or phone number will be removed from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even after you unsubscribe from receiving our marketing emails, we will continue to send you emails with important information that does not include an unsubscribe option. This includes maintenance notifications or administrative notifications.
The protection of children’s data is very important, especially in the online world. The website is not designed for children and is not intended for them. Use of our services by minors is permitted only with the prior consent or authorization of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If a parent or legal guardian learns that his or her child provided us with personal information without their consent, they can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to modify or review our data protection guidelines. You can find the date of the current version under “last changed on”. The continued usage of the platform after the notice of these changes on our website constitutes your consent to such changes of the data protection regulations and also counts as your consent to abide by these modified regulations.
How to reach us
For general questions about the website, the data we collect about you or the use of this data, contact us at email@example.com.
Mag. Michael HERTZBERG
Rechtsanwalt / Attorney at law
+43 1 420 00 40
VAT number: ATU74571778
Account: IBAN AT 18 2011 1841 3925 2803 GIBAATWWXXX
We are subject to the supervision of the Vienna Bar Association.
We are subject to the RAO and the guidelines for professional practice.
Last changed on 10.06.2019